Careers at AirEng
Sales Engineer in Western Australia
To plan and carry out Sales and Marketing activities in order to develop, grow, build and maintain sales to clients and potential clients, in accordance with agreed business plans. This role will require an autonomous worker with an engineering background and considerable experience in sales.
Role and Responsibilities
- To learn and understand the company product range and understand the engineering capacity of industrial fans & blowers and apply these to the needs of our clients.
- Initiate ways to identify and develop potential customers and prospective projects.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contacts toward achieving agreed business aims, including costs, prospect data base and sales with specific emphasis on managing personal time and productivity.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate communication, employing ethical sales methods and standards. Liaise with internal staff to optimise the quality of service and development of business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing initiatives to agreed budgets and timescales and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g., advertising, exhibitions and the like.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant monthly reports and information.
- Attend training to further develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Liaise with management to initiate a performance based strategy of sales.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in an autonomous sales role.
- Experience within an industrial engineering or manufacturing company
- Understanding of OH&S and a commitment to safe working practices.
- Willingness to travel around Western Australia
- Australian driver’s licence
- Authority to work in Australia
- Engineering qualification
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and a good sense of humour